Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mad Mommy Rampage

(These are NOT my pics , they are Pics from the Net I thought you would enjoy that go well with the Post )
It sounds funny but it was the only title I could think of for this particular post. Any stay at home mom or dad for that matter I am sure can relate. Now this is not me just going on and on as to how hard it is to be a mom. You will find useful tips and tricks to help get you thru your day. At least I hope they will help....lol
This blog post started because I got up one morning and had at least 50 things to get done in one day. At least that is how I viewed it , and since I am mom no-one else's opinion on this mattered. So I got started first the house needed picked up and straightened , then dishes needed tending to , then start the laundry and change the sheets , the dog needed a bath and trim. Let me stop there as you can see the list is growing and growing with each letter I type and the dog bath and grooming is never an easy chore since he hates the sound of scissors let alone the clippers. After bathing and grooming him I realized I was getting no help , I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs HELP!!!!!! But I knew all to well it would do no good. So I went on to get to everything else like fold the laundry  , get another load in , make the beds , vac. the floors , make husbands lunch , pay bills and find time to do the things I actually like to do ( yea right this is going to be as easy as changing a babies diaper in a public restroom BEFORE they installed those tables ).
However , I did manage to find a little time for me or else I wouldn't be able to type this blog now would I? I used my lunch break / 45 mins. to get this written. See I DO get to have a free 45 mins. here and there , from time to time , on occasion.
The real issue I think is we expect to much of ourselves and so do our family members. Now they can't be held totally to blame , I mean we expect so much of ourselves it is only natural they would as well. Here's the thing when you find that you have no time to shower or even eat then you have taken on to much. Of course that seems like my day to day and is perfectly normal right???? Hahahaha , NO it's not normal or right.
I have a 22 yr. old son living with me and a 9 yr. old little girl as well as a husband. The men have jobs and the 9 yr. old is just to little...... Or so I have been told over and over. My husband works in the heat 10 hours a day to provide for his family so I have no real issue there , he cuts the grass and deserves to rest when he can since he only gets 1 day off a week , I can also understand my son working his tale off as well but not in the heat and he gets 2 days a week off from work. Being 22 though seems to have given the right to us my home as a flop house and nothing more , no rent , no chores. Now before I get one single comment about how this is my fault I am aware of it thanks for sharing : P If you keep reading you will find why I can say that with no regrets. Now as I was saying, the 9 yr. old bless her heart tries to help as much as she can......hahahahahaaaa.... She wants me to think that so she doesn't have to do as much or anything at all , she doesn't realize I already raised 3 children and know how this game is played. Here's one tip I use with my 9 yr. old , see I told you it wasn't all complaining. Tip #1 kids think we are stupid make no mistake there. When you ask them to do something and they half do it stay as calm as possible ( Calm? I myself am menopausal so this is a huge challenge for me ) and let them know it is only half done or improperly done. Then tell them they will never again enjoy life until it is......LOL In other words , no T.V. , no going out , no computer , no friends , NO LIFE!!!!!! As parents we have to remember we have the power , you know like He-Man said " I HAVE THE POWER!!!!" Of course many times this doesn't work when they get older so new tactics have to be thought of. Yes I said tactics , I don't know if you have noticed but once they learned to walk and talk you are at WAR!!!! ( Disclaimer : No I don't actually believe that , it as a joke , seriously people? ) It can and does at times feel that way.
Tip number one only works if you actually use it and there in lies the problem , we don't. Well why don't we? Are you kidding me have you tried to live a day in my shoes or lack there of? We have all had days like that , days where you simply want to get things done so it is easier to do them yourself. Less stress and worry and it is done in an amount of time that makes sense.
I don't expect my kids to be robots or do things that could put them in danger , like letting a 9 yr. old clean the oven. But simple chores like helping with the dishes or cleaning her room are within her age range and not much to ask. The 22 yr. old could clean his own bathroom and his own laundry , now he tries he just works so much......hahahahaha , that has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. Here's Tip #2 if you have a grown or almost grown child living with you give them their space. That's right give it to them and let them keep it as nasty as they would like so when their friends come over they can see just how truly AWESOME they are. I can't tell you how many times my son has come home complaining about how nasty some of his friends rooms and things are. Then he gets straight to work cleaning realizing just how gross his room and bathroom are.
As for spouse's mine being a husband , are another story. Only you know what will work , I once left his clean folded clothes on the bed hoping he would put them away. So much for hope in my house , he simply moved them to a chair in the bedroom and they were there for almost a month! Are you kidding me???? I work to you know , I know for a fact not one of these people living in this house could do what I do daily and I don't get a day off once a week , I don't get any time off. I work 365 day s a year 24 hrs. a day!!!! Even when trying to sleep someone or something , like one of the dogs needs something. I don't think I have had a full nights sleep since my first son was born 27 years ago. I make your lunch and serve it to you , I make your dinners and serve them to you , I clean your clothes and fold them , I pay the bills , take care of the children , and on and on . You can't even put your clothes away???? Tip #3 if you are married and that person works extremely hard to support you and the family let things like this slide. They aren't worth fighting over if you really don't want to do it and are hoping they will , leave it there and in a year or 2 they might actually do it :)
All things aside I wouldn't trade being a mom for any other job out there. I have tried many different jobs and the only one I am any good at is being a mom , and it's not as bad as all that. It is like any other job you have good days and bad , it's no one persons fault it is just life in motion. No one said life was fair or that it would be easy as a matter of fact I don't know of anyone really saying anything except to go out and live life to the fullest.
So I hope you got a bit of a laugh out of this post and it helped to assure you that you are not alone in this , we all go thru these things daily. But by laughing , sharing and understanding we can in fact get thru it. And our families will still be in one piece .....HAHAHAHA ( wink , wink )

No comments:

Post a Comment