Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Homemade Bug Spray

Garden Spray can cost a fortune these days. One big problem most don't understand is that we have thrown everything at these little critters and in time they have become immune to most products on the market. Of course let's face it most of it is bad for US as well so the thought of making our own with ingredients we know only makes sense.
Now there was a time I was a great gardener however once I moved back to Florida I have done little gardening , I had one decent one for a time but then the hurricanes came and that was the end of that. We ended up moving and I haven't been able to grow a decent garden since. No room , to many pets and the list goes on and on. I do have a few potted plants growing in an effort to teach my 9 yr. old , but it is mainly herbs and some marigolds.
Our biggest problem being spider mites , the plants we have growing now don't seem to be bothered by them. But we have tried to grow tomatoes and things and the mites have gone crazy killing everything. I was given this recipe to use but by the time I got it , it was to late. I will be trying again once the weather cools off.
I have been told this is a tried and true recipe and used for many other things around the home such as cleaning laminate flooring , combs , brushes and more. So feel free to experiment and see what works.

1/3 c rubbing alcohol
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup bottled water
2 drops Ivory dish soap

No comments:

Post a Comment