Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life in The Fast Lane

I have always loved this song and felt it was perfect for this blog post. Some may not know this song it is by The Eagles and is actually about something totally different then what I am using it for which is a useful title to lead into this post.
All that being said , I have been thinking about my next blog post and felt I would share a few things with you. My life has always been full of unexpected things coming up in my life. No matter how I try to plan things out things always change. I don't mind or dwell on it most of the time but there are occasions when even I tend to get over whelmed and simply need to take a break. My breaks last anywhere from a few days to a few months depending on how stressed I have been and what has been thrown my way by life. I think we all deal with things in our own ways and once rested we are able to get back into the game. Life has a way of pushing us to far and to fast. Hence the title Life in the Fast Lane.....LOL
I have found simple things like crafting , sewing or just cooking a new dish to be very helpful in dealing with many of the stresses I face. They also in their own way force me to slow down. 
With the approaching Holidays we are preparing to make many things , I know life is going to snowball quickly and I will be posting like crazy with tips , tricks , recipes , patterns and so much more. I also know that I will find myself thinking I will never finish or be able to keep up. So I wanted to share a few things I think may be helpful to anyone who may be going thru the same things in the coming months.These are simple little stress relievers that you can make yourself for yourself. 

Foot Rub Ointment :

You will need a micro safe bowl , some sort of small jar , essential oil and petroleum jelly.
Scoop out the amount of petroleum jelly you wish to melt and place in micro safe bowl. Heat slowly , you don't want to boil it just get it warm enough so that it will become liquid. Once completely melted add a few drops of your essential oil , be careful not to over do it with the essential oil. Mix and pour into your clean jar and let sit until it becomes solid again. This is a wonderful treat your tired  , sore or cracked and dry feet. This holds it's scent for a very long time and will last. I have actually used this as a perfume on occasion.

Scents Matter : 

You don't need an oil burner to relax  , simply cut and apple into slices and add some cinnamon to a cup or two of water and place on the stove. Heat to boiling and simmer to fill your home with a lovely , relaxing scent. You could also use lemons or oranges by cutting the peels in strips and boiling , the essential oils will start to disburse and fill the house with a stimulating scent.

Bath Salts : 

You will need some Epsom Salt , sea salt or rock salt and essential oil. 1 cup of Epsom salt 1 cup sea or rock salt and 20 drops of essential oil. Mix well and store in an air tight container.

The Eyes Have it : 

Ok so we all know a cut up cucumber on your eyes is relaxing and good for your skin. But did you know you can use diaper ointment or hemorrhoid cream as well? Yes ,I know it sounds terrible but it does work. Just a small amount under your eyes will help with dark circles and puffiness when your tired and believe it or not it actually feels good to.

These are just a few inexpensive things I do from time to time to give myself a boost and just relax letting the things of the day take a back seat if only for a moment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment